Are you thinking about turning your jewelry-making skills into a full-time business? Or perhaps you already have taken that step and are discovering the million details that always seem to be invisible from the outside looking in? If so, there is a fun and exciting lifeline coming your way!
Rio Grande is offering a class called “Smart Tools to Help You Grow Your Business” taught by jewelry-maker, designer and businesswoman Marlene Richey along with business consultant and passionate advocate of micro-businesses Julianna Silva. Marlene and Julianna will be joined by Eugene Brill, Rio Grande’s own marketing expert specializing in website optimization and electronic media.
When you take the step to turn your passion for making jewelry into a business, you need a whole new set of skills to help you build lasting success. In this class, you’ll gather—and take away with you—the building blocks you can use to craft a solid business foundation and then build on that foundation for years to come. The class runs for 2½ days at Rio in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and delivers all this:
- An overview of how to create a business plan based on your goals and product offering.
- How—and why—you should draft a mission statement for your company.
- Assessing your goals: Why do you want to take that step into making a business inspired by your passion for creating? What do you want to achieve with your business?
- How to figure out who your target customers are so that you can reach them effectively.
- How to build a marketing plan; what does a good plan contain and how do you put the pieces together so you get the best benefit?
- The importance of market research and how to conduct the research to gather the information most useful to you.
- How to make the most of your website with optimization and social media.
- The ins and outs of internet marketing and the importance of social media in reaching today’s customers—we all use the internet; think about what draws you in and what puts you off when you’re using the web.
- See the critical importance of a website that you have effectively optimized for your individual business—one that can be easily found through search engines, presents a vivid portrait of your business and what it offers, and provides a compelling “call to action,” bringing customers in to see.
- Are jewelry shows for you? Learn how to decide and then, if you decide they are, get tips on selecting the ones best suited to your business.
- Understand your financials. Get to know the financial terms you’ll need and how to interpret your financial information to make your best business decisions.
- Discover how important your pricing is and how to price your product fairly and profitably—including strategies such as consignment and memo.
- Learn when and how to access and manage credit for your business.
Offered at Rio Grande in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Wednesday–Friday, March 27–29; 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., this class is exactly what an entrepreneur needs! At the end of the class, you’ll take home with you a wealth of useful, profitable knowledge and the tools to take your jewelry-making and business skills to a higher level. Visit the Rio Grande classes web page for this class and sign up today to take advantage of this incredible learning opportunity!